Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sinking In

Just one more week and I'll walk out of AFR for the last time. When I first gave my notice, I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but at that time it hadn't really seemed real. That has been changing each day, and today it hit with the hardest blow so far.

After my shift today, I was going through some of the stuff in my office and trying to decide what I wanted to keep and what could be thrown away. I took some of the stuff off my bulletin board and noticed how bare it looked. Talk about a reality check! It was so sad! To make things worse, it was after regular office hours so everything was quiet. It's the same as it has been every day for the last couple of years, but today it just seemed quieter than normal.

Moving is a tough thing, and it's easy to look at what we're leaving behind and allow that to make us sad. The one thing I have to do is just keep looking ahead. At least I know that I only leaving a place, and the friends I have made here will still be my friends when I'm back in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment