Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe another year has gone by and we're starting over again. That's not a bad thing, especially when it comes to vacation time and sick days! It's also nice to have the feeling that we can make some changes and do things even better than before.

I really hope I can make improvements to my life. Not just for the sake of a "resolution," but because I want to be a better husband and father to my family. I want to get in better shape so I can enjoy more of life with them, but most of all, I want to be the Spiritual leader that God has ordained for me to be. That will also help me fulfill my biggest desire of all...to be what God created me to be.

Have you ever felt like you just weren't doing all that you could be or should be doing? That's where I am right now. Recently, I've been so convicted about my relationship with God. I've been so busy trying to work to serve Him (and provide for my family) that I've managed to get stuck in a rut where I focus on my small portion of the world instead of God's Big Picture! I'm living Larnelle Harris' song, "I Miss My Time With You." I get so wrapped up in the service that I allow the fatigue to keep me from developing the relationship. It becomes my rationale for taking free time "off" to unwind instead of using it to draw closer to God.

That's my brief bock about my immediate goals. I just want to make sure that my family and I are ready when Jesus comes back, and I want to bring as many people with us as I possibly can. Please, pray for me and let me know if I can pray for you. Have a blessed 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment