Saturday, January 10, 2009

Father and Son Time

Today was supposed to be workshop day for Jaden at Lowe's. We've never done one of the kid's projects there, only at Home Depot where you come and go as you like during their specified time. Unfortunately, the one at Lowe's is apparently a full workshop, because when I called to ask about their policy (while already on the way and running late,) they said we would need to be there at 10. Oh well...we had bigger plans, anyway.

Jaden decided this morning that we needed to have a Father and Son day. Just the two of us, facing the day and all of the challenges...aww, who am I kidding? We went shopping, except when guys do that, it's called "looking around." We went to Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million, and Staples (an errand for Becky.) From there, it was on to the library and lunch at La Carreta. Cap it off with a trip to the electronics, sports and toy departments at Walmart and you've got a pretty eventful day. Oh, I almost forgot about running from Walmart to the car in a downpour - with no umbrellas! Too cool!

By the time we got through with all of that, we had completely forgotten about missing the workshop. I always have a great time on our Father/Son outings, and my only regret about this one is my fault. I have a camera on my phone and I didn't take any pictures!!! C'est la vie! I guess we'll just have to have another Father and Son day...soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment