Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Texas Thanksgiving

Today has been a very good Thanksgiving for us. I'll admit that there was a little too much eating, but it was seriously just a little too much. Compared to what was available and what could have been eaten, it was only a little.
Jaden and I also spent time finishing the rifles. The McMillans will be here tomorrow, so everything had to be finished today. Jaden has been a huge help with sanding, painting, gluing, and just about anything else that needed to be done. He is so eager to help and he learns quickly. He's also very appreciative and supportive. When I started doing this project, I had some trouble getting the blank cut out and was not really pleased with how it looked. I knew I could fix the boo-boos in the finishing process but it would mean extra work. (It turned out that I had made a basic mistake and had forgotten to change the saw blade to the correct one for the thicker wood. Once I did that, the rest came out fine.) Jaden took one look at it and said, "I'll take that one!" Later, when we were sitting around talking about the rifles, Jaden said, "I like the first one you did. I always like to have the first of whatever you make." That one is now his, and is the bigger rifle in this picture. The smaller one is for Owen, the McMillan's 4 year-old.


I'll try to get some pictures of the kids playing "Army," but I can't promise because when we get together with Damon and Maggie, we lose track of time.

I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and remember that Thanksgiving isn't just a day...it's a lifestyle. Psalm 106:1..."Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment