Friday, April 3, 2009

A Matter Of Pride

It's been a little over a week since my last post (I'm Captian Obvious) and it's been an eventful week. There have been some great breakthroughs and I can definitely see God's hand at work.

We had a fun time rounding up cattle the other day. I haven't done that in quite awhile and I never thought I would say that I actually missed it. Jaden had his first taste of cutting the the calves out from the rest of the herd and he did a great job overcoming his fear. I can understand how intimidating it is...I had my turn when I was a kid. We had a Brahma cow named Brownie and she was pretty grouchy most every day. When she had a calf, she was downright MEAN. Now I know she was being a good momma, but then I thought she was one of the most hateful, demon-possessed cows on the planet! I was 6 or 7 when I made the mistake of innocently walking between her and her calf on the way from the barn to the house. She didn't like it at all and charged me full speed. I know I had to have set a Guiness World Record because I made it back to my Mom and Grandmother before Brownie made it to me! It took a little time before I went back out into the pasture alone. I'm just glad that Jaden didn't have an experience like that!

Speaking of Jaden, I've got to brag on him a little bit. He is quite an awesome drummer, expecially given the fact that he's never had a lesson! I'll tell you why in a minute, but first let me set the stage. On Thursday we met with the Pastor at my parent's church because we wanted to see if that's where we should go. Long story short, our visit lasted over 4 hours and we know without a doubt that we need to be there. I'm going to be the Minister of Music and the Adult Sunday School class teacher. Tonight we had music practice and the guy that plays the drums asked Jaden to sit in and play. WOW! Jaden and I have played together before but it was always just jamming on stuff we were making up. He's certainly never had a chance to play with a group. Tonight, he impressed me more than I can say! I'm so blown away by his truly God-given talent and I'm looking forward to having him play along with us. In fact, the drummer asked if it would be ok for he and Jaden to alternate! That so rocks! God is so good!!

We feel God's peace and are positive that we're in His perfect will! Hopefully I can get some pictures of Jaden on the drums. I just know not to make any promises about that type of thing, because my track record of getting pictures on here isn't the best. Thank you for praying. Please, keep it up and feel free to let me know if we can pray for you! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment